Saturday, December 4, 2010

Capturing Minnesota's Wind

That was my plan and it has been temporarily setback.  I've invested an incredible amount of time and money through my company, Go Green Energy (gogreenenergyonline.com), pursuing a goal of bringing energy independence into the mainstream.  A natural first step is to set an example by taking advantage of the abundant renewable energies available to my properties.   In Lee County, Florida, the county was there to help me accomplish this goal as I installed a 3kW Photovoltaic (solar) system, solar hot water, solar attic fan and solar ceiling fan on our vacation home.  In Orono, Minnesota, it has been a totally different experience.   Our Lake Minnetonka home was recently denied the ability to harness the wind with an ultra-modern 1.5kW vertical axis wind turbine manufactured by Hi-VAWT Corporation from Taiwan. (Minnesota Wind Speed Map)

The following posts will chronicle the implementation of my plans to utilize green energy in Florida and Minnesota, starting with the winds of Lake Minnetonka.  I hope my journey will help pave the way for anyone venturing into the business and / or lifestyle of going green.

GreenMan

No comments:

Post a Comment